Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

I love Easter. The colors, the food, the celebration of a marvelous and life saving miracle. Easter is right up there with Christmas for me. (Ironically, much of Good Friday was spent convincing my son that his school holiday was not due to Earth Day. I'm not sure where he picked that up).
Each year, I try to accumulate new ideas that will help make our Easter celebration more meaningful and fun. Here are some new ideas I found this year:
  • A timeline of Christ's last week on earth. This can be read each day leading up to Easter.
  • A Jell-o creation using Easter colors. This is a fun addition to Easter dinnner- assuming you don't forget it after you've made the 30 minute drive to your Grandma's house. Not sure if it's worth postponing a whole dinner to retrieve, but, after two days spent preparing it, we did.
  • A cute way to shape dinner rolls (I'm sure it could be used with rolls from scratch)
  • A cute way to fold napkins. (This can be done in the car on one's lap, while your mom drives you back to your house to retrieve the Jell-o salad. Having your mom drive will spare you a speeding ticket.)

1 comment: