Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What is Truth?

Recently, I was filling out a physical history form in preparation for an upcoming doctor's appointment. I always feel compelled to answer their questions with complete honesty. This is my health, afterall. Sometimes, though, it leads to serious conundrums over how I should answer.
For example, how am I supposed to answer the following question, "Fill in the circle to the left of each activity which you have difficulty performing on your own?" Do I fill in the circle next to 'housekeeping' or not? My answer is, "Yes". My husband says that's not the question they're asking.
Another question asks, "Do you ever feel afraid in your home?" Again, my answer is, "Yes". There are times when I hear strange sounds outside and I feel afraid. My husband, on the other hand, has told me that's not the question they're asking, and I'd better check "No" on that one.
Seems to me that doctors shouldn't ask such vague questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment