Monday, January 20, 2014

Pulling My Leg

The other evening, I decided to wear a pair of knee length boots that I hadn't worn for at least 5 years. When I originally bought the boots, they were the only ones in the store that could zip up due to my large calfs, but as I attempted to zip my boots up I realized there was a problem. Neither boot would zip up more than half way. After tugging and manipulating the zipper on my right leg I was finally successful. The left leg, on the other hand (or leg...haha), was a bit more stubborn and I had to enlist the help of my husband. It was a scene reminiscent of "Gone With the Wind" when Mammy helped new mommy Scarlet O'Hara into her old corset... only less glamorous. Finally, we were triumphant.

I was confused by this new turn of events with my once roomy boots and I considered the possible explanations: 1.) my legs are buffer than they used to be,  2.) I have gained weight, or 3.) is it possible that the leather shrank from standing unused for so long? I pondered what this could mean all evening. It was not until the next day that I realized that I had fallen victim to a practical joke! George Clooney must have had my boots taken in a small amount, just like he did with Matt Damon's pants when he was trying to get in shape for a movie! Luckily, I had just read about the stunt or else he would have completely gotten away with it.

That George is such a joker.

No comments:

Post a Comment