Monday, October 4, 2010

My Day Old Child

My day old child in my arms
with my lips against his ear
I whispered strongly "How I wish
I wish that you could hear,

"I've a hundred wonderful things to say
(a tiny cough and nod)
Hurry, hurry, hurry and grow
so I can tell you about God."

My day old baby's mouth was still
and my words only tickled his ear,
but a kind of light passed through his eyes,
and I saw this thought appear,

"How I wish I had a voice and words,
I've a hundred things to say,
Before I forget, I'd tell you of God,
I left Him yesterday."

-Carol Lynn Pearson

2 comments:

  1. Gina, Ken and I are so happy for you and your family. I was thinking of this poem as I looked at the photos you sent out, so when I saw you had posted it, it made me smile. My mom gave me a book of her poetry the day after Bryoney was born with this particular one marked. It made me cry -- granted I was on pain killers, but it is now one of my very favorites. Your most recent post cracked me up and made me miss you guys. I hope all is well.
    Love,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and your boys! I'm sure she is beautiful and that her big brother is more than pleased.

    ReplyDelete