Monday, March 22, 2010

Taps

So, it seems pointless to even care at this point, but I have to say that I am really disappointed by the passage of the health care bill yesterday. But, hey. A historic president deserves a historic day, right? As you know, I think the approach that Obama has taken towards reforming our nation's health care is inappropriate and an unwise solution for the problems. And no, just because I do not like Obama's bill does not mean I am for the status quo. Government is already a huge problem with the current system (aka: medicare), I really don't think more government will make it better. And I wholeheartedly disagree that health care is a "right". If health care is a right, then why not food? I believe it should be made accessible for all, but not this way.
I have a feeling that the story isn't over yet, so for now, all I can do is hope for the best. Maybe now fixing our economy will become more of a priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment