My irritation did not last long. As I pondered the ludicrousness of it all, I soon found my irritation replaced with a new feeling. Hope. You see, the committee has "...expand[ed] the prize beyond peace mediation to include efforts to combat poverty, disease and climate change." I have come to understand that this expansion means I actually have a shot at this once seemingly unattainable prize!
So... without further ado, I would like to formerly request that I be considered for the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize. What credentials do I have? Let me start with my "initiatives" or ideas:
- World Peace.
- Eased tension with the Muslim world.
- Feed the hungry.
- Clothe the naked.
- Combat poverty.
- Combat disease.
- Am an advocate for childhood literacy.
- Mediate conflict.
- Share one car with my husband (which some could argue that at times might not contribute to peace, but it could be considered green, no?)
- Don't run a drug cartel.
- Am not a member of a gang.
- Value other people's lives.