Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I Wasn't There

I wasn’t there to see the star
That brightly led the way,
But I can have the Savior’s light
To guide me every day.

I didn’t feel the gentle peace
That fell on earth that night,
But I can feel His Spirit
When I’m doing what is right.

I didn’t watch while Mary held
Her precious little one,
But I don’t have to see to know
He is God’s Chosen Son.

I wasn’t with the shepherds
When they learned of Jesus’ birth,
But I can learn and share His word
With others here on earth.

I didn’t know the Wise Men,
With their treasures rare to give,
But I can give a priceless gift
Just in the way I live.

I didn’t hear the angels sing
Hosannas sweet and clear,
But I can praise and honor Him
Each day throughout the year.

-By Wendy Ellison

No comments:

Post a Comment