Here are four questions and answers from a talk titled "Daughters of God" by Elder Ballard on simple ways young mothers can feel successful and happy in their demanding work. (I've simplified the answers into bullet points).
What can you do, as a young mother, to reduce the pressure and enjoy your family more?
- Recognize the joy of motherhood comes in moments. Live in the moment.
- Don't overschedule yourselves or your children.
- Find time for yourself to cultivate your gifts and interests.
- Pray, study, and teach the gospel.
- Show extra appreciation and give more validation for what your wife does each day.
- Have a regular time to talk with your wife about each child’s needs and what you can do to help.
- Give your wife a “day away” now and then.
- Come home from work and take an active role with your family.
- Pick up toys and help with chores- without being asked.
- Say "thank you" more often.
- Put your arms around your mother and tell her you love her.
- Be especially watchful and considerate of the time and resource demands on young mothers and their families. Know them and be wise in what you ask them to do at this time in their lives