Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The People's Seat

Well, I know I'm a week late posting this but I still think it's significant. As everyone knows by now, Scott Brown won the Senate election in Massachusetts. During his victory speech, I was impressed by his point that, "this Senate seat belongs to no one person and no political party - and as I have said before, and you said loud and clear today, it is the people’s seat." (which he also made clear at the Massachusetts Senate debate when moderator, CNN's David Gergen, referred to the Mass. senate seat as "Kennedy's" seat). Isn't it great to live in a country whose leader's are not determined by hereditary secession?

While it seems that the current health care bill's progress has been slowed (luckily!) I hope that we can use the steam we've built up to find a wise solution for our nation's health care woes.

No comments:

Post a Comment