Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Reinventing the Juicer

Last night I was looking through Better Homes and Gardens, when I came upon this gem of advice:
Really? Helllooo, haven't we evolved beyond the stage of using rocks as tools? How about THIS as an efficient way to juice something!




Or if we're going for the natural, "one with the lemon", electricity is lazy approach, at least give me something that won't cripple both of my hands and get me and my surroundings all sticky. Something like... say... this:

Life doesn't have to be difficult, and it doesn't make the juice taste any better if it is. Don't waste my time. Seriously.

4 comments:

  1. Citrus FarmerJanuary 05, 2010

    I couldn't agree with you more. We own one of the efficient juicers that you highlighted. It makes it easier for us to make and enjoy orange juice from our tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally prefer to be one with my ancestors so I will continue to use the rock and chisel approach. It's a shame how we have lost all respect for our heritage in the name of evolution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Citrus Farmer-
    Thanks for your testimonial.

    Anonymous-
    To each their own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. man, i need a juicer. all three of those options are superior to the way i do it. believe me. you don't want to know!

    ReplyDelete