Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Legacy

I have an ancestor whose wife died in childbirth. Years later, in discussing the subject in a letter to his estranged daughter (who survived the delivery but was later adopted) he expressed, "The anguish of soul that I felt at this time you may try to imagine. I was bereft of a tender companion, a feeling mother, a good housekeeper and one that I love and yet love the memory of her."

I've always thought she must have kept an immaculate house, for her housekeeping to be missed so dearly by her husband. Personally, I've always found this sentiment a tad bit unromantic. I mean.... in my passing, I wouldn't really want my housekeeping to be a major source of my husband's grief.

Luckily, I have the power to keep that from happening.
Bwah-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaaaaaa....

(I'm just kidding, mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment